What is NC*Notify?
Health care providers are often unaware when one of their patients has received care outside of their facility or EHR network. What’s more, there is a growing need for health care providers to be notified of certain events in a timely manner to support successful transitions of care and improve care management.
Full participants in NC HealthConnex can use NC*Notify to get significant insights into patients’ health care activity from more than 100 participating hospitals, plus encounter data from more than 6,000 ambulatory care settings.
- Learn more about NC*Notify and its benefits.
- Learn how NC*Notify works.
- Find out about NC*Notify’s latest features and enhancements.
Enrollment & Requirements
To enroll in NC*Notify, participants must have:
- A signed NC HealthConnex participation agreement or a submit-only business associates agreement from 2017, 2018 or 2021
- A completed NC*Notify enrollment form
- A patient list that the participant would like to track (sent via secure FTP or auto attribution)
- Mechanism for receiving alerts
- To connect via a third party, participants must also complete a third-party preference form.
Additional information, including technical requirements, can be found in:
- Conditions of Participation for Hospital Electronic Notification
- NC*Notify Specifications
- NC*Notify Frequently Asked Questions
Contact the N.C. Health Information Exchange Authority’s provider relations team, at 919-754-6912, or send an email to email@example.com.