Included in your health record:
- Medicines (prescriptions), allergies, lab and test results, image reports, conditions, diagnoses and vaccination history
- Demographic information
Not included in your health record:
- Information created by a substance abuse facility (unless authorized by you or needed to treat a medical emergency)
- Psychotherapy notes
NC HealthConnex follows the highest information security standards available:
- Information is always encrypted and sent over a private network when shared between NC HealthConnex and health care providers participating in the network.
- NC HealthConnex is compliant with all federal and state privacy and security laws.
- Information that identifies you will not be sold in any way or shared with anyone other than authorized health care providers or organizations that have entered into HIPAA-compliant data sharing agreements.
You have the right to opt out of having your information shared between providers through NC HealthConnex. Opting out of NC HealthConnex will not adversely affect your treatment by your physician, and you cannot be discriminated against if you do decide to opt out. If you change your mind about participating in NC HealthConnex, you can opt back in at any time by completing a new form. If you choose to opt out, please complete the “Opt Out” form below. Your provider may also be able to give you a form.
Complete the form, and mail it to:
N.C. Health Information Exchange Authority
Mail Service Center 4101
Raleigh, NC 27699-4101