NC HealthConnex is on a mission to link every health care provider in North Carolina to improve health care quality and outcomes. NC HealthConnex technology and tools provide near real-time, comprehensive clinical data about your patients.
Find out how to talk with staff to learn more about connecting, what steps to take and what participation agreement will suit your organization's needs. For technical requirements, see the NC HealthConnex Onboarding Packet and Technical Specifications.
How to Connect Call
Interested providers are invited to join a monthly "How to Connect" call. Learn about who we are, as well as the state mandate, steps to connect and value-added features.
Register for the next monthly calls on:
Steps to Connect
Getting connected to NC HealthConnex involves completing the following steps.
- Submit a Participation Agreement: Our team will process your agreement and place your organization in the queue for connection. The Participation Agreement page offers the documents and detailed instructions for completing them.
- Receive an Executed Participation Agreement & Welcome Packet: Our team will return your organization’s executed participation agreement, along with the NC HealthConnex Welcome Packet, to begin the onboarding process.
- Enable Your Suite of Services: Full participants can request access to the NC HealthConnex clinical portal by contacting the NC HealthConnex SAS Help Desk at HIESupport@sas.com. For any other services, please contact the NC HIEA at HIEA@nc.gov.
- Get Training and Patient Education: The NC HIEA offers multiple training opportunities, both virtually and on-site, and free patient education brochures. To request training, please submit the Training Request Form.
- Start Technical Discussions: Our team members, including our technical partners at SAS, will reach out to your organization to initiate a technical kick-off. SAS will work directly with your electronic health records vendor throughout development to connect your organization to NC HealthConnex. For technical requirements, see the NC HealthConnex Onboarding Packet and Technical Specifications.
- Keep in Touch: Throughout onboarding, it’s vital that your organization’s point of contact regularly communicate with our technical team. Consistent communication is imperative to ensure that your connection is completed successfully.
- Go Live: Once your organization’s technical connection is complete, you will receive an email announcing that your connection to NC HealthConnex is live. Providers will begin to see your organization’s data in the NC HealthConnex clinical portal.
- Ongoing Support: We and our partners at SAS are here to help. Throughout the entire lifecycle of your connection, including post-connection, we can assist your health care organization in using this tool to improve patient care. Reach out to the NC HealthConnex provider relations team at HIEA@nc.gov or the SAS Help Desk at HIESupport@sas.com for assistance.
Learn More & Get in Touch
To learn more about getting connected to NC HealthConnex, see these frequently asked questions.
Interested in connecting? Complete the NC HealthConnex interest form.
Or call 919-754-6912 to speak with a member of the NC HIEA business development team and/or request a demo. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.