NC*Notify uses hospital admission, discharge and transfer systems and visits to all other participant facilities as triggers for notifications.
Participants registered for this feature will provide a list of patients with whom they have existing relationships via a flat file. NC*Notify will scan NC HealthConnex for activity on the defined patient panel and send batch reports to the participant at custom delivery intervals.
Here's an example of how NC*Notify works.
- A patient goes to the hospital or urgent care.
- The patient has x-rays and other tests.
- The hospital or urgent care sends information about the patient's visit to NC HealthConnex.
- NC HealthConnex notifies the patient's provider about the visit.
- The patient's provider makes a follow-up appointment for any additional care.
It’s that simple.
* Later versions will offer alternative delivery mechanisms, additional triggering criteria and more data elements within the alerts.